There has been a massive change in the way schools are imparting education to children over the years. Several new methods and tools are being used to make learning effective and relevant. In order to make them innovative learning spaces, educational institutions are doing their best by way of trends and technologies. The future of schools and the education system depends on how well they are able to adapt to novel processes. Implementing digital learning to improve the whole system can help them sustain in the long run.
This academic year has been extremely challenging to schools because of the coronavirus pandemic. Almost all the schools are relying on a digital education system to keep up the teaching/learning process. Some of the modules in the said system are being described as monumental in creating an ideal education system. There are several trends that have been pinpointed by experts which will define the future of schools. So, what are they and how will they enhance the management of schools as a whole?
Educational technology trends that will take over the future
- Virtual classrooms - Virtual classrooms have taken over the learning system in the past few months. Every school is using these to keep it a continual activity. In the future, with students having more flexibility with regards to the subjects that they wish to pursue, they can make the most of online/virtual classrooms. In those subjects that they need more help in, they can customize the duration, assignments, etc. Students should not be held back owing to time and location constraints and this trend will take care of the same.
- Personalized learning - Schools in the future will have to offer personalized learning tools in order to deal with students with varied learning capabilities. The assignments will have to be designed as per the individual student’s progress so that they learn better and gain confidence over a particular course before shifting to another, or moving ahead. Furthermore, students will have more flexibility in terms of subjects and customized learning is the only viable option.
- Social media - The usage of social media platforms to stay connected with other students and exchange ideas is another trend that will catch up in the future. Schools will need to create social communities for facilitating the same and encouraging collaborative learning.
- Artificial Intelligence - AI has taken over many fields and has emerged as an innovative means to understand the pulse of the users and offer relevant solutions without/minimal human intervention. It can be implemented effectively in the education system for creating customized teaching solutions. Tools such as chatbots can prove to be useful in the future.
- Immersive learning - Gamification of education is the latest way for efficient teaching. Using leaderboards, points systems to motivate students and rewards, this can be accomplished. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality tools can also be used by schools to keep up the interest of their students.
- Interactive learning - Audio and video files, eBooks, and a flipped classroom can make learning more interactive. Using activities that encourage discussions on various topics, teachers can help students in improving their capabilities.
- Remodelled examinations - As mentioned earlier, education will become more flexible and will not be constrained by time and space. So, examinations will also have to be dealt with in a different manner. The future goals of schools should be based on a digital education system that allows students to customize their assignments in terms of schedules. The feedback or grading system will also become more personalized in the future.
What sets the digital education system apart?
Digitalization has taken our lives in a major way. It has taken over the education sector as well. With a need to bring everything together in a streamlined manner and ensure efficient learning for all students, a digital solution is a must. It helps in the seamless management of schools and takes care of all their activities on a daily basis.
What makes it unique is that it can be implemented by schools of all types and sizes. This can be customized to meet the needs of the respective educational institutions and is a cost-effective and time saving solution. To help schools become sustainable in the long run, such a system is the need of the hour, and the sooner it is recognized, the better it will be for the entire school.