Keeping up with the myriad changes in everything we do and ensuring that the best results are achieved on any given day is something that all of us strive for. Whether it is individual or organizational, adapting is the best way forward. Let us take the example of the current education scenario. Digital Education has taken over the conventional style of teaching and learning. Schools are using school management systems to help accomplish seamless management of their educational institutions.
With the worldwide pandemic of coronavirus hitting our daily lives last year, it has become imperative that we rely on technology and online solutions for all our needs and education is no different. School ERP software takes care of providing continual learning to students in the form of online education. When compared to traditional classroom learning, this new form has its own set of advantages. There are a few institutions that are considering digital education in the long run even when things return to normal, in lieu of its effectiveness in the whole learning process.
So, what makes using technology in education the best solution? Let us take a look at it in the following lines.
eLearning best practices that make it competent in every way
- Virtual classrooms are effective due to the fact that they use audio and video files to engage students and make them learn. The content that is shown in online education should be easy to understand and relevant. It is best to keep it short so that the retention is enhanced. Visual tools accompanied with the correct audio are ideal for virtual learning.
- The learning is to be mobile-ready. These portable devices are accessible and this advantage is something that most users look for. Teachers and students can work remotely with the help of a school management system downloaded onto their mobile phones without the need for laptops and desktops.
- The success of the current educational technology lies in making online classes as interactive as possible. Asking questions, using graphic representations and gamification are some of the tools that make digital education efficient.
- Gathering feedback from students, peers and other stakeholders is another way of ensuring that the eLearning process works best. This will help in making changes if any are needed and also helps in keeping the content fresh in addition to captivating the interest of the students it is meant for.
- Customizing the course material and other relevant tools of instruction is also a major contributor to the success of online education. Making short videos and explaining bits of information in a single instance should be considered.
All of the above practices have proved to be effective in creating an online learning environment that offers the best results and ensures that students retain whatever is being presented to them. Of course, making changes to the instruction material and using the latest technology trends make it even better.
eLearning trends that you should be aware of
- Microlearning - Instead of huge data of information being presented to students at one go, they can be taught in smaller chunks so as to help students retain whatever they are learning. Microlearning uses videos, audio and games for the purpose.
- Game-based learning - Gamification in learning is something that many educators have used successfully. Things like achievement badges, quizzes and puzzles are tools that are ideal. These make the whole process engrossing and also cultivate a sense of competition.
- Collaborative learning - Since students cannot meet each other owing to learning from home, they can be brought together with collaborative learning. Giving them group projects that require sharing ideas and working with each other falls under this trend.
- Artificial Intelligence - As with any other industry, digital education can benefit a lot from Artificial Intelligence. The latter can create a customized learning experience for the students and ensure that each of them has the relevant data/information to help in the process. Virtual teachers, for example, is one such phenomenon that is aimed to offer round-the-clock teaching assistance to students.
Making the most of all the eLearning trends and best practices is sure to offer the best solution to the current education scenario in which schools are working from home, like any other establishment.